At Medicare Phlebotomy Trainers our dedication is always to our clients. We put the students on our courses above all else. Ultimately, we want you to complete the courses and walk away a qualified phlebotomist, and ideally find work using your new-found skills.
We demonstrate this dedication in a few different ways, such as our student/trainer ratio and that all our trainers are also qualified phlebotomists and educators themselves.
We also offer a range of courses to suit all of our client’s needs. This starts at the Basic Course, and goes right through to our Practical/Live Blood Sessions. Below is a small breakdown of all the courses we offer, what they entail and what qualification you will come away with at the end.
The Phlebotomy Part One Basic Course is the foundation for all students. In this course you will look at the theory behind phlebotomy, as well as practicing the hands on side of it. The course covers all of the competencies set out in CHS132 (National Occupational Standard for Phlebotomy), and we use safety equipment in all of our training in accordance with the requirements of the Health and Safety (Sharp Instruments in Healthcare Regulations) 2013. At the end of the course you will be given an actual qualification accredited by Medicare and will be able to work as a phlebotomist.
The Practical Part/ Live Blood Training Sessions Advanced Course follows on from the basic course, and will enable you to take blood from hands, feet and troublesome patients with small and difficult veins. The advanced course is only available to those who have undertaken the basic course, and lasts one day. It is the only course of its type in the country that is accredited by Medicare.
We offer various courses which are perfectly suited for healthcare professionals. However these courses can be tailored to suit the clients needs. We can offer:
- Training in-house or at one of our established training venues across the UK
- One-off training courses, or bespoke training schemes to meet the ongoing needs of your organisation
- Training tailored to complement the existing skill level of your team
- Refresher training and mentoring to ensure continued staff development
- Recognised certification to prove the skills of your staff
- Peace of mind that your staff have been given the highest quality training
- Phlebotomy Skills
- Train your staff to take venous blood samples or build on their existing skills
To find out more about any of the services we offer just give us a call on 0203 372 4174 or contact us here.